Warehouse spaces are probably one of the busiest places ever to exist in business operations as they continually buzz with activity all day long. Managing inventory alone is already a tough job, how much more if you were to control stocks and keep track of it going in and out of the warehouse?
Warehouse management requires extensive hard work and meticulous attention to detail. The littlest of mistakes and negligence can affect an entire chain of operations; hence it is mandatory to be precise, competent, and efficient in such field.
More than anything, warehouse management is a notable feature in the most complex and critical aspects of managing e-commerce businesses. As customer demands continually rise over time, so does the need for warehousing facilities to house enough stocks and keep track of inventory. With that, there is also a rising need for such businesses to equip themselves with proper warehouse management solutions, systems, or tools.
A good warehouse management system should have enough tools needed to automate manual processes so as to also save time. This system sees to it that warehouse facilities have centralized control and visibility of all operations and inventory flow. And while there are a lot of warehouse management systems available in the market, only some of these made waves over the past year.
3PL Warehouse Manager
Mishandled or lost inventories and manual errors can significantly cause thousands of lost revenue in just a month. With that, it’s crucial that companies learn how to efficiently shorten operations and cycles in order to improve warehouse efficiency.
3PL Warehouse Manager is a type of warehouse management system designed to provide third-party logistics providers the ability to manage and track all operational challenges. Some of its key features include:
- Provides maximum stability
- Real-time data tracking
- Manages hundreds and thousands of customers along with detailed and preferred processes and practices tailored to their needs
- Provides customizable Graphical User Interface (GUI) while also giving the option to use the company’s logo
Anchanto is a popular e-commerce warehouse management software for all e-commerce businesses, like brands, sellers, warehousing, and facilities. More than managing your day-to-day business operations in the warehouse, Anchanto also enables you to take full control and oversee the company’s catalog, pricing, logistics, and shipping, just to name a few. Other key features include:
- Warehouse tracking and mobile app for delivery staff
- 24/7 access to real-time data on inventory, order tracking, and customer data
- Ready integrations with over 41 e-commerce marketplaces and platforms
Fishbowl is undoubtedly still the bestselling warehouse inventory management system out in the market. Over the years, Fishbowl continues to offer its customers a plethora of impressive features perfect for improving efficiency and productivity. More than that, this software also enables companies to generate purchase orders and bills. Some of the software’s most notable features include:
- Helps businesses create purchase and sales orders with the help of auto re-ordering
- Comes with multi-currency conversion, which enables you to keep track of correct accounting and tax records more efficiently
- Gives you an option to export data manually or with the auto-export feature
- Can track inventory from various locations
- Provides real-time updates with detailed monitoring
Infoplus warehouse manager is built to handle a company’s inbound receiving, inventory control, fulfillment, customized workflow, and so much more. It is mainly designed for the usage of both small and midsize B2B and B2C businesses in wholesale, e-commerce, and third-party logistics. This software offers a variety of tools perfect for managing orders, stock, shipping, and customers, among the many others.
Other key features include the following:
- iPad compatibility
- Customizable templates
- Core inventory management
- Integration with some of the biggest ordering channels like eBay and Amazon
- Integration with shipping channels
Robocom provides supply chain-based software solutions. It focuses more on the daily operations of warehouse facilities. More than that, it’s known to be flexible and cost-effective, which also provides maximum visibility at the same time. Some of Robocom’s key features include:
- UI is user-friendly designed to meet user application
- Enables companies to optimize algorithms that can provide maximum size and minimum cost
- Research shows the software actually shows 100% accuracy in order tracking and inventory management
Latitude WMS is an enterprise-grade software that provides businesses with all the necessary features required to bring efficiency to an entire warehouse process. Some of its notable features include:
- Allows warehouse processes automation
- Monitor warehouse issues while also being able to manage them with incident tracking
- Planning and managing cycle counting aids in obtaining more accurate outputs
- Comes with receiving, picking, and putting away features
- Real-time control over inventory
- Gives you full control over the different operations in warehouse distribution centers and branches
Managing your entire warehouse operations manually can be a tough job, which is why companies today – whether startup or not – need to integrate a proper warehouse management system or software into their day-to-day business operations so as to help ease the workload. More than that, a WMS also significantly improves a company’s efficiency, productivity, and workflow, which result in accelerating customer experience and generating a higher profit.
Darrent is a digital marketer, tech enthusiast & blogger.